Twisted Roasted Brussel Sprouts
These little guys are loaded with vitamin A & C, folic acid, and fiber. They also protect against colon cancer. Autumn is their season and will stand out at your farmers market. The twist, add the worm flavor of parsley, and taste how it perks up the brussels in your vegan gut.
What you will need:
*If you don't have a lid, use foil.
- Mixing Bowl
- 2-Quart Casserole Dish with *lid
1. Preheat oven to 350 f.
2. Getting the brussel sprouts ready:
1. Wash and pat dry brussel sprouts.
2. Cut and discard bottom stem removing any discolored or *loose outer leaves. (1)
3. Cut each brussel sprout into half, long way. (2)
4. Place all cut brussel sprouts into mixing bowl.
5. Add: garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, black pepper, and salt.
6. Stir well until evenly coated, set aside. (3)
7. Add water to bottom of casserole dish.
8. Add parsley to water without mixing. (4)
9. Add brussel sprouts to casserole dish without mixing, cover.
*Save loose leaves for soup or stir fry.
1. Let roast for 25 minutes, covered.
2. Give brussel sprout a good stir mixing parsley and water into the mix, cook for another 20 minutes uncovered.
3. Stir once again.